Planning your special day? Congratulations!
Now that you’ve chosen your husband or wife to be, there’s another important decision ahead: selecting a wedding venue.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life, and your choice of venue will shape your memories of the day. But how do you go about finding a venue that matches your style and budget?
We’re here to help. Read on to discover some of the best wedding venues in Canberra.
What makes a great wedding venue?
Every wedding should be a celebration of love, the future, family, and of being alive. And it almost goes without saying that you want it to be as special – and run as smoothly – as possible.
When looking for the perfect venue, we suggest keeping an eye out for the following features.
- Picture perfect. If you’re like most engaged couples, chances are you want a wedding venue that photographs well. The best wedding venues feature a combination of natural beauty like sweeping views, and man-made beauty like unique architecture. Most importantly, however, choose a venue that matches your chosen theme. If you’re opting for a rustic look, for example, then your ideal venue may be a vineyard as opposed to a five-star hotel in the middle of the city.
- Convenient location. Look for a wedding venue that is close to public transport, taxis and accommodation. Getting to and from your wedding will be much cheaper for you and your guests if it is conveniently located.
- Well facilitated. The best wedding venues go out of their way to provide all the facilities you and your guests need for a fun and comfortable event. Check what will be provided, such as ample bathrooms, tables and chairs, music facilities, kitchen facilities, cake cutting and plating, service staff, and microphones.
- Well priced. There’s no getting around the fact that the venue will be one of the most expensive aspects of your wedding. Do your research – especially when it comes to food and drink packages – to ensure that you’re getting value for money.
- Excellent staff. If the venue provides any sort of service staff, such as waiters, check that they are friendly, attentive, and skilled.
The best wedding venues in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Set among the Westbourne Woods, the Royal Canberra Golf Club is a spectacular backdrop to your special day. Its committed wedding coordinator and award-winning chef work closely with you to create a day to remember.
The Royal Canberra Golf Club’s all-inclusive wedding packages can be held in the Garden Terrace and/or the formal dining rooms. With tasteful decorations, these charming venues overlook the perfectly manicured fairway.
The Royal Canberra Golf Club is suitable for weddings of up to 130 guests.
Looking for something unique? The National Museum of Australia offers an architecturally inspiring location to say, “I do”. Discover sweeping decks, huge windows, and mountain, city, and lakeside views at every turn.
Museum weddings are serviced by Broadbean Catering & Events, the highest-awarded caterers in Canberra. They offer exceptional food designed especially for you and your guests’ needs.
For something truly memorable, consider a wedding at The National Museum of Australia.
Tucked away in its own private parklands on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, The Boat House is a stunning and award-winning wedding location. Expect highly personalised service – The Boat House’s owner, James Souter, works directly with couples to design a day that reflects their unique wishes, needs and values.
The Boat House offers breathtaking views of the Kingston Foreshore and surrounds, fine-dining food and an enchanting atmosphere. You simply can’t go wrong with the ultra-classy Boat House.
Your experience with wedding venues in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know
Have you had experience with any of the wedding venues listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.