KG just keeps going up and up! Canberran hip-hop star KG will be playing the last leg of his ‘Black Boy’ tour in his hometown, at The Phoenix on Friday night. Check it out from 8 pm, as KG takes the stage with DJ Dave Kat, Creekside, Davosflows, Cappo, Augustine Brown and DJ Juicy.
CJ Bowerbird is one of the best performance/slam poets going around the nation’s capital, having previously won the Australian Poetry Slam Championship in 2013. Check out the release of his new album, ‘Beyond This Blue’, with the Downfall Choir at Ainslie Arts Centre on Thursday from 7 pm.
Indie-pop extraordinaire Slow Turismo has a new single out, ‘Adult Baby’, which is being officially launched at the Polo from 8 pm on Friday, while on the same night Coolio Desgracias & Housemouse take the stage again at Smith’s Alternative, with Kilroy and Nick Delatovic from 9.30 pm. Another big launch will be from local folkie h., on at Smith’s Alternative on Saturday with Kial Malone. The Basement will be hosting a monster show on Saturday with a stack of bands including The Tipsy Scholars and Psionic Tide, while Lady Denman will be launching new single ‘Ilha Grande’ with House of Strangers on the same night.
- Portal 2 The Riff: Salad Buoy, Nick & Ned, Harry Carmen & The Big Kahuna and Faceless @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- John Harkins Trio @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Chris Harland Band @ National Press Club, 7 pm start
- CJ Bowerbird & The Downfall Choir album launch @ Ainslie Arts Centre, 7 pm start
- SCABZ ‘Starting Line’ tour w/ Slagatha Christie and Dalmacia @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Brid Harper and Dermot Byrne @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Ess-Em ‘Plan B’ EP launch w/ Sketch Method, Semen & Garfuckel and Ben The Red @ Transit Bar, 7 pm start
- The Bridge Between @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- KG ‘Black Boy’ tour w/ DJ Dave Kat, Creekside, Davoflows, Cappo, Augustine Brown and DJ Juicy @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Party On @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- Slow Turismo ‘Adult Baby’ tour w/ Kilroy, Dalmacia and The Tugs @ Polish White Eagle Club, 8 pm start
- Coolio Desgracias & Housemouse w/ The Solid Rolled Gold Dancers, Kilroy and Nick Delatovic @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Spenda C – End of Exams Party @ Mr Wolf, 10 pm start
- Festival Allsorts #3: 25 bands inc. The Tipsy Scholars, Psionic Tide, Escape Syndrome, Renegade and more @ The Basement, 12 pm start
- Winter Pop Up Tour: Matilda Abraham, Pheno, Merpire and Georgia Fields @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Jason Owen sings tribute to John Denver @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- Lady Denman ‘Ilha Grande’ single launch w/ House of Strangers, Neko Pink and My Pet Ant @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Rock Or Be Rocked @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- h. EP launch w/ Kial Malone @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Born Lion ‘Celebrate The Lie’ tour w/ Yoko Oh No and Adventure Sunday @ Transit Bar, 10 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Hating Alice @ Rose Cottage, 2 pm start
- The Black Hat Band @ Harmonie German Club, 2 pm start
- Liam Wright ‘The Lighthouse’ tour w/ Ella Hunt @ Capital Brewing Co., 2 pm start
- Endrey’s Musical Singalong Hour @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- Autism Awareness Benefit Gig: Betty Alto, Palace Revolution, Telephones For Eyes and Blissphorus @ The Phoenix, 7 pm start
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.