Garbage won’t be collected in Canberra today (Good Friday) and there will be a variety of changes to other Government services throughout the Easter and Anzac Day public holidays but Access Canberra is reminding people that more than 360 services and transactions can be completed online.
Access Canberra’s contact centre (13 22 81) is closed today but will operate for the rest of the Easter break, while the Service Centres will be closed between 19-22 April and again on Anzac Day (25 April).
However, the Access Canberra website (www.act.gov.au/accessCBR) is available 24/7 for people looking to renew their car registration or driver’s licence or pay a bill online.
Some of the key changes to Government services over the Easter and Anzac Day public holidays are:
- Household waste, recycling and green bin collections which were to be collected today (Good Friday) will be collected tomorrow (Saturday 20 April). Waste collections that fall on Anzac Day (25 April) will go ahead as planned.
- Light rail starts tomorrow (20 April) with free travel tomorrow and on Sunday 21 April.
- Transport Canberra buses will operate to a public holiday timetable today (Good Friday) and on Easter Sunday (21 April), Monday (22 April) and Anzac Day (25 April). Use Transport Canberra’s new journey planner to plan your travel ahead of time, including if you are intending to attend the Anzac Day dawn or morning services. Visit www.transport.act.gov.au.
- The Symonston Pound is closed today, on Easter Sunday, Monday and Anzac Day but open normal hours tomorrow (20 April) from 10 am to 3 pm. Emergency after hour services for dog attacks or injured dogs are available by contacting Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- The Canberra Hospital Emergency Department, the Registrar Review Clinic and the Canberra Region Cancer Centre will operate as normal during the public holidays. It will also be business-as-usual at Walk-in Centres.
- All Libraries ACT branches, including the Heritage Library, will be closed from Friday 19 April to Monday 22 April 2019 and also on Anzac Day.
- There is no change to opening hours at Namadgi National Park and the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve over the Easter break.
- The Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre in Symonston and the Mitchell Resource Management Centre on Flemington Road in Mitchell will both be closed today (Good Friday).
For further information about changes to ACT Government Services over the Easter and Anzac Day breaks please click here.