Ask RiotACT: Recommendations for an acoustic engineer

LadyxBec 8 May 2017 1

Ask RiotACT

Hi Rioters,

I’m looking for some recommendations for an acoustic engineer. I’m keen to swap the (ugly) carpet that came with my apartment for either floating timber floorboards or laminate, but the body corporate insists I must have an acoustic engineer do a report beforehand and certify the work afterwards.

Google has not been much help, as most of the companies seem quite big and like they would be uninterested in such a small project (or far too expensive). I’m hoping other people have had to go through something similar and may have some advice or recommendations.


What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to Ask RiotACT: Recommendations for an acoustic engineer
ChrisinTurner ChrisinTurner 3:05 pm 24 May 17

Legally the body corporate cannot require you to do this as you are not making a structural change. However you might do it as protection against the body corporate demanding the new floor-covering be removed if causing excessive noise in the apartment below you.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site