We know the feeling well. That undisputed yearning for something doused in sweet, sweet, goodness. The crack of tempered chocolate, oozing warm custard, and layer upon glorious layer of sugar laden fun. These delectable morsels known as dessert, are the quintessential form of indulgence that I for one often succumb to.
The humble dessert has indeed flourished over its four hundred plus year history. Pastry chefs and home cooks the world over spare nothing to create desserts worth remembering. From Italian cannoli to French crème brulee; and Turkish baklava to Argentinian alfajores; dessert holds a special place in our hearts.
Whether its new age treats or nostalgic childhood concoctions, nothing could be better than chowing down on some sweet delights. That is, until now. Canberrans the region over, are jumping for joy as some of the best desserts make a beeline for delivery to your door.
Yes, desserts delivered! Whether it’s for a post-dinner treat, a family affair, or a birthday in the office, these are the best dessert delivery services in Canberra.
What makes a great dessert delivery service?
The best dessert delivery services bring sweet satisfaction directly from their kitchens to the comfort of your home. These vendors are creative cake connoisseurs whisking and beating their way to culinary success. We think these traits are essential for any dessert delivery service:
- Creative flair. When it comes to dessert delivery the best in breed services offer an assortment of treats whipped up with creative pizzazz. Whether it’s a signature pastry or a one-of-a-kind cake, the dessert should scream clever-cool. Why? Because delivered products rely entirely on two moments, firstly the unboxing and secondly the tasting itself. Without the ambiance created by the dine in experience, the best delivered desserts have creativity in spades.
- Fresh is best. Stock standard frozen cakes be gone! The best delivered dessert vendors pride themselves on serving only the freshest baked goods that money can buy. And while we understand that crafting divine desserts does take time, there are simply no excuses for dispatching stale sweets.
- Service with a smile. Today’s digital age has brought with it many advantages. But nothing supersedes service with a smile. When it comes to desserts delivered, this translates to a few simple things. Easy to use ordering systems, clear product descriptions, accurate images, and information at your fingertips all make for streamlined service. If in doubt, a quick search online will yield past customer reviews and ratings for peace of mind.
- Diligent delivery. When it comes to delivered goods, one simply cannot overlook the standard of delivery. For delicate goods which may require refrigeration, look for dessert vendors who offer diligent delivery. After all, there is nothing worse than opening a box to find your dessert along all four corners of the lid.
- Kind to your pocket. Delivered meals have received a bad rap over the years for their high delivery costs and desserts are no exception. The best delivery services understand that affordability is key, to securing – and keeping – customers. Look for vendors who offer a variety off goods priced accordingly for the occasion. Celebratory cakes should of course cost more, however simpler everyday options should be well priced.
The best dessert delivery in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Bursting into Canberra’s café culture in May of 2020, The Crepe Stop is locally owned and operated by dynamic husband and wife duo Michael and Amany. Nestled in a quiet alley in Braddon you will find all manner of sweet and savoury crepes.
From the European inspired classic, banana and Nutella, to a simple and understated lemon and sugar, every sweet crepe whim is sure to be satisfied. Should something hefty be in order, a waffle or pancake stack will do the trick. The best part, The Crepe Stop offers delivery for their dessert morsels right to your front door.
Brandon Wang had this to say about The Crepe Stop on Google, “Fantastic crepes, both sweet and savoury. Would recommend and visit again.”
Local newcomer, The Bunched Co, offers glorious edible bouquets for every occasion. Brainchild of Kristen Zeller, The Bunched Co launched in 2018 and has quickly grown to be favourite thanks to their chocolate dipped strawberries and delicious donuts.
Offering complimentary shipping Canberra-wide, and Monday through to Friday delivery The Bunched Co provides a convenient and creative dessert solution. For those looking to surprise someone with an edible gift, a selection of add-ons from cards to soft toys are also available.
Cassandra Davis shared this review on Facebook, “Kristen was super helpful, amazingly quick to respond as I was in need of fast delivery and the Nutella donuts were delicious. Will be getting more amazing treats soon. Thanks.”
Local dessert delivery service, The Sugar Deli, has been sweetening the palette of Canberran’s far and wide for years. Known for their weekly menu evolutions, goods are baked fresh daily and delivered on-demand, to your door.
Locally owned and operated by Caterina Pochi, this digital dessert parlour offers treats for all occasions. Whether you are seeking a dessert as a gift, for a special occasion, or even event catering, they have a sweet solution at hand.
For drool-worthy staples and an ever-changing assortment of baked goods look to The Sugar Deli.
Sophia Brady wrote on RiotACT, “The new boxes are perfect for many different occasions, whether it’s as a gift for a special person in your life, for an office morning tea or even to cater as dessert for a party.”
Nestled in Griffith, L’Orange Patisserie brings a touch of European flair to Canberra. With an assortment of small cakes and tartes nestled under the counter, this local gem would rival any great patisserie in France.
Head chef and owner, Wim Den Hartog brings over thirty years-experience in Michelin starred restaurants to create delectable desserts and special occasion cakes for Canberrans far and wide.
Now offering delivery to a select group of suburbs in their local area L’Orange Patisserie is a great choice.
Anna Prosser had this to say on Google, “Best patisserie in Canberra, a truly French, Dutch, European range of excellent bakery goods from croissants to finest cakes.”
For more delightful cuisine delivered to your door please see our article on the best food delivery services in Canberra. Otherwise, if you are looking for more sweet treats and are happy to duck out our articles on the best cake shops, the best bakeries, the best cupcakes, the best custom birthday cakes or Canberra’s best wedding cakes may be of interest.
Your experience with dessert delivery services in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the dessert delivery services listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.