Having your own business can be very rewarding both financially and personally. Sometimes, however, outside advice is needed to keep your business on track and growing. This might be because of changes in your industry, new competitors or the onset of a strong growth period.
No matter how intimate you are with your business, you can’t be an expert in everything. That’s when using the services of a management consultant can really help. Management consultancy firms are a rich source of talent and expertise in many areas of business such as technology, finance, project management and HR. A business is a huge investment of both your time and your money. A management consulting firm can help you safeguard that investment now and into the future.
What Makes a Good Management Consultant?
How do you go about choosing a management consultant? We’ve compiled a short list of things to consider.
- Reputation. The services of a management consultant can be expensive. Think of it like an investment in your business; you want to get results. To get an idea of the reputation of a consultancy ask these questions: Do they have a good track record? Can they show examples of projects they have done in the past? How long they have been in business? What are their online reviews like?
- Services. Different management consultancies will offer different services. If there is a particular area of your business that needs attention, for example technology, make sure the consultancy you choose has expertise and well-educated staff in this area.
- Industry specific. Some management consultancies specialise in a certain industry, for example the public sector. A consultancy that specialises in your industry will be better placed to understand where your business needs to go and how to get it there.
- Customised advice. Beware of advice that does not suit your business. General pre-packaged business plans may not be suited to all businesses. Make sure the plan they propose is realistic, achievable and not just a bunch of buzzwords.
Canberra’s Best Management Consultants
If you think your business could benefit from the services of a management consultant, consider our list below. We’ve looked around and come up with our top three picks for management consultants in Canberra.
1. Callida Consulting
Callida Consulting provide all aspects of management consulting to the public sector. They are proud of their many successes and their commitment to delivering a tailored approach to every client.
Services include auditing, fraud control, risk management, process automation to increase efficiency and reduce costs, accounting, technology, project management and strategic sourcing. Callida consulting “get the job done each and every time.”
2. Cordelta Management Consultants
Cordelta Management Consultants aim to provide businesses with long-term solutions that ensure sustained growth into the future. They put the client first by offering value for money, exceeding expectations, building adaptable businesses, developing long-term relationships with their clients and staking their reputation on their performance.
Cordelta can provide a wide range of services including strategy and planning, finance and accounting, business transformation, technology, project management, security and procurement.
Established in 1999, Nous has achieved tremendous growth over the past 18 years with 5 offices and over 250 employees. Their approach is described as “bold and personalised”, “flexible, energetic and engaging”. Nous takes pride in stepping outside the box while maintaining a genuine commitment to listening to the client’s perspective and working on your terms.
This combination of their expertise and the client’s unique perspective on their business continues to be a great recipe for success. Nous was named Best Management Consulting Firm by AFR in 2013, 2015 and 2017.
Your Experience with Management Consultants in Canberra
Have you used a management consulting firm in Canberra? Do you know of a great one? We’d love to know what you think so feel free to use the comment section below to air your views.