Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Recruiting experts in
Accountancy & Finance

Chifley cooking fire

By johnboy - 21 May 2013 1

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire on a stove top in a Chifley home this morning.

Residents were cooking at the time in the single storey, Allwood Street residence and were notified of the fire following a working smoke alarm sounding.

The three occupants of the home all safely self evacuated and contacted Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 1.30am.

Two fire pumpers, a Command Officer and the Breathing Apparatus Van were called to the scene and are now conducting ventilation and air monitoring operations. Crews will depart the scene shortly.

Fire damage contained to the stove with the remainder of the three bedroom house sustaining smoke damage.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics have assessed and treated one female patient for smoke inhalation with transport to hospital not required.

ACT Fire & Rescue would like to remind the community to “Don’t stop looking while you’re cooking” and to have a well maintained smoke alarm.

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to
Chifley cooking fire
poetix 1:47 pm 21 May 13

Allwood Street. So lucky it didn’t spread.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site