I’ve just received a very confusing note in my letterbox. With the exciting headline you see above, the content reads:
- Are you sick of the ACT Sports Sports House alarm going off at all hours each day and night?
- Let’s make the old Hackett school a community resource not a community annoyance.
- The alarm does not need to go off whenever someone leaves the building after hours.
- If Sports House people can’t set their security code properly why use the alarm to make the rest of us suffer?
- Let ACTSports, our politicians and our community representatives know what you think (every time the alarm goes off perhaps).
And then there’s a bunch of contact details for the ACTSport people, their security service, politicians, the community associations and even the neighbourhood watch. The reverse of the page is a printout of Fix My Street noting that you can make noise complaints and generally whinge about your neighbours.
I live within a block of the building and have never heard this alarm. I don’t have a clue what it sounds like. I can’t imagine what these people are so fired up about.
So my point is…. Who are you and what’s your problem?