The Brumbies have published their side to take on the underperforming but All Black laden Auckland Blues this Saturday afternoon.
As forshadowed in the podcast Fotu Auelua is back in the side and will be coming rampaging off the bench.
Big Joe Tomane is also recovered and pushing Robbie Coleman to the bench which is bit of a hard call considering how great his running has been the last few weeks.
- University of Canberra Brumbies
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Zack Holmes
11. Joe Tomane
12. Pat McCabe
13. Andrew Smith
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
16. Anthony Hegarty
17. Ruaidhri Murphy
18. Leon Power
19. Fotu Auelua
20. Ian Prior
21. Tevita Kuridrani
22. Robbie Coleman
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
And of course if the Brumbies can get a single competition point from the game they’ll top the Australian conference and hos the finals.
Here’s some history from the Brums.
- • The University of Canberra Brumbies have met the Blues on 17 different occasions with Auckland holding an advantage at 10 wins to seven.
• 2011 was the first time since 1996 the Blues and the Brumbies didn’t face each other.
• The last time the Brumbies played the Blues was in Auckland in 2010, with the Brumbies going down 39-34. That was Andrew Smith’s debut Super Rugby match.
• The last time the Blues won in Canberra was 2007, 17-15.
• Auckland has won three times in Canberra.