Belconnen photographer Chris Morrison has sent in this info on his upcoming exhibition:
In 2009, I planned a 92 day trip with my wife through 2 continents and 17 countries we had never been to before, to explore numerous unfamiliar landscapes, cities, languages and cultures. We spent 10 months on and off planning the big adventure, sat through 82 hours on flights, over 110 hours on buses, and caught 160 trains on our journey which took us over 60,000 kilometres round the globe. Of all the places we visited, some of my favourite locations and landscapes included the Swiss and French Alps, the Italian Riviera, Slovenia, Isle of Skye, the National Parks of Chilean and Argentine Patagonia and the highlands of Peru.
Canberra Times quote: “Morrison’s world adventure, which he did with his wife, Julie, in 2009, opened his eyes to the exotic landscapes that eixst outside Australia. Some fascinated him, others he never knew existed. In the end, he developed a connection with most countries and hopes that comes through in his work”. (published in Times2, Monday August 29 – Canberra Times author: Jacqueline Williams)
Further information on “Majestic” can be found at www.chrismorrison.com.au/exhibition. You can also browse more of Chris’s images via his gallery: www.chrismorrison.com.au/gallery.
– FINALIST: 2011 NSW Parliamentary Plein Air Photographic Prize
– GOLD Award: 2011 Australian Professional Photography Awards
– 5 Awards: 2011 International Pano Awards
– 3 Awards: 2010 NZ Institute of Professional Photography IRIS Awards
– GOLD Award: 2010 International Aperture Awards
– SPECIAL MENTION: 2010 Banff Mountain Photography Competition, Canada
– WINNER: 2010 Australian Institute of Professional Photography ACT Landscape Photographer of the Year