It’s been a tough week for the music industry. Nightclubs, bars and venues have announced the cancellation or indefinite postponement of swathes of shows as they grapple with new health and safety measures.
Seated and outdoor gigs are at a premium at the moment. Lunchbox Acoustic, the daily live music offering from the City Renewal Authority, will again take over City Walk at 12:00 pm each weekday. You can catch vocalists Calum Stenning and Koebi Faumi, violinist Ally Hocking-Howe, and the ANU Chinese Classical Music Ensemble performing throughout the week.
Live jazz and blues are keeping the beat with Harmonie German Club, Molly and Hippo Co all offering dedicated live music nights. Magoo’s Cafe & Bar in Kingston and the famous Old Canberra Inn in Lyneham are planning to host a wide range of local singer-songwriters and duos all week as per usual.
Due to the evolving pandemic, keep an eye on the event page for any show you’re hoping to attend so you’re across any possible cancellations or postponements.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Ally Hocking-Howe Duo @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Roger Bone Band @ Harmonie German Club – 7:30 pm
- Bourbon Street Late Night Jazz @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Koebi Faumui & Viktor Rufus @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Smith’s Irish Jam @ Smith’s Alternative – 5:00 pm
- Chicago Charles @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- 7 Shots @ The Glen – 7:30 pm
- Dear Seattle, CLEWS @ UC Hub – 8:00 pm
- Band Beng Bing Bong Bung @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:00 pm
- WTF: Welcome To Friday @ Canberra Irish Club – 8:00 pm
- Leo Joseph’s Blues Piano Session @ Smith’s Alternative – 12:30 pm
- Jenny and Jim @ Old Canberra Inn – 2:00 pm
- Phoenix 5 @ Belconnen Bowling Club – 5:00 pm
- Mark Knight @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 7:00 pm
- Hit Parade @ The Glen – 7:30 pm
- Drag Cabaret @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:00 pm.
- Barb B @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 2:00 pm
- Chris Harland Blues Band @ Old Canberra Inn – 4:00 pm
- Smith’s Summer Series: On The Stoop @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm
- Azlan @ The Glen – 5:00 pm
- Molly House Band @ Molly – 6:00 pm.