When the new Belconnen Bus Stations open on 15 November 2010 (as previously mentioned here), changes to ACTION’s routes and timetables will also occur.
The best-known of these changes (as mentioned in the ACT Budget) is the extension of the Redex service to DFO (weekdays only). There will be several other changes which are possibly less well known:
- – Route 5 will cease to operate between City and Gungahlin to prevent duplication with Redex;
– New route 50 will operate between City and Gungahlin after 7pm;
– New route 57 will provide a service to Franklin from City and Gungahlin;
– An additional morning trip will be added to route 757 to Fairbairn Park;
– Route 44 will be modified to service West Macgregor (Macfarlane Burnet Ave);
– Services to Kippax and the Parliamentary Triangle will be re-scheduled to improve their frequency (by being more evenly spaced);
– City Interchange departure points will be altered – non-peak services will no longer depart from Northbourne Ave.
There is no mention of what, if any, changes will be made to the weekend services. Also there appear to be no services provided to the new suburbs of Casey, Bonner and Crace.
New timetables will be available from 1 November.