Perhaps it began with an odd smell from your bathroom shower? Maybe it was a mysterious front yard puddle that came from nowhere and never left? Or even a simple blockage that blew out to become a weekly occurrence? Regardless of the signs, you have probably spent quite a penny getting to this point. And, if you have, I am quite certain that you want to fix your drain issues once and for all!
If your pipes are worn, cracked, or even collapsed a full replacement can be costly exercise. Add some digging here and excavation there and you will quickly realise that it may not be the best option. For many of us, there is a need to keep disruption to a minimum and this is where Canberra’s drain relining services can help.
Drain relining services effectively repair pipes, junctions, and drains from the inside out. They offer trenchless solutions repairing your troublesome areas, by strengthening through relining. Using world class technology and systems they assess, clear, and repair damaged drains all without tearing up your home and yard in the process.
As a more efficient and affordable drain repair option it is no surprise that this specialised service is in high demand. But where do you find the best of the bunch and how do you know what to look for? Read on to find out.
What makes a great drain relining service?
The best drain relining services are commensurate plumbing specialists, seamlessly fixing your drain woes ensuring they flow freely for decades to come. Here is what we think you should look out for when selecting a drain relining service:
- Qualified, licensed and insured. As with most trades, ensuring your drain relining service holds the right credentials is so important. Buried underground, a damaged drain requires specialised expertise and a licensed trade bearing only the best in relining products and technology. Before contracting an installer check for appropriate licensing along with public liability insurance.
- Specialised expertise. Drain relining is a complex and highly technical aspect of plumbing. The best drain relining services are not only licensed plumbers, they have also completed additional technical training with suppliers and vendors of relining technologies. This is incredibly important, as misdiagnosis of the actual problem can be costly. Technical specialisation and years of on-the-tools experience will set the best drain relining services apart from the rest.
- Quality products. Drain relining utilises cutting-edge trenchless technology and the very latest systems and materials. As with all plumbing repairs, quality products and installations tend to fare better in the long run. Look for a supplier that works with reputable brands and quality products, bet it the systems themselves or the resins used to line pipes. On-going issues due to subpar products can be costly, so getting this right the first time will ensure your drains go the distance.
- Transparency. Even though your drains are out of sight it does not mean that service and pricing should be! The best drain relining services operate in a way that is completely transparent. They are professional trades, conducting activities with honesty and communicating all aspects directly. They are clear on pricing and inclusions, the benefits and the risks, and work with you when issues arise.
- Warranties. The best drain relining services offer guarantees on not only their products but also their work. Look for an installer that has existing relationships with quality manufacturers offering longstanding product warranties. With an expected lifespan of up to 50 years, a warranty on parts and installation offers peace of mind. Given the investment this assurance is key.
Important essentials to check before engaging a drain relining service
To ensure a quality installation checking the following will help to give you peace of mind; and ensure you avoid a mediocre provider:
- Confirm the provider runs a registered business through the Australian Business Registration website.
- Ensure the provider holds an appropriate plumber and drainer licence by checking the Access Canberra list of licensed building professionals.
- Verify that the provider is professionally insured with public liability insurance.
- Be clear on contracted inclusions, terms, and conditions.
The best drain relining services in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Founded locally as a sister company to Water Tight Plumbing, Canberra Pipe Relining offers highly specialised drain and pipe relining services. Servicing Canberra and surrounds they cater to residential and strata drainage systems, offering a comprehensive suite of drain relining services.
These services include inversion relining, packer relining, junction liners, and pull in place drain liners, all geared towards pipes of 70mm to 150mm in size. Their expert team have years of experience in this area, and in addition to being licensed have completed specialised training at the leading relining schools in Australia.
Due to the nature of their highly specialised operations, Canberra Pipe Relining operate under a separate entity, allowing them to service demand from customers directly, in addition to contracting to other plumbing businesses.
As a part of the prestigious and widely recognised Water Tight Canberra group, quality products, workmanship and finishes can be assured. With a decade in business, Water Tight Canberra was founded by plumber Tom Martin.
As a recent national recipient of a 2019 Telstra Business Award, Water Tight Canberra provides plumbing, draining and gas fitting services to the region. With services available around the clock and all work guaranteed, they have built a formidable reputation for servicing pipes and drains.
Together with Water Tight Canberra, Canberra Pipe Relining offer best in class solutions to ensure your home plumbing continues to operate at its best. For market leading technology, applied by skilled hands, and professionalism with a smile look no further than Canberra Pipe Relining.
As Susan Lloyd shared on Google, “Response to problem was immediate, expertise and professionalism exemplary.”
ACT licensed plumber: 2017441. Member of Master Plumbers ACT.
As a local, family run business Drain Clear Canberra live and breathe drains. Their fully licensed and insured team service both residential and commercial clients with an array of drain services.
Utilising the latest techniques and technology Drain Clear offers patch, inversion and pull through drain relining with emergency services also available. All work is completed to the highest of standards and is also guaranteed. For expertise and reliability look to Drain Clear Canberra.
Sarah Turnbull shared this feedback on Google, “The customer service and quality of work are second to none and I would not hesitate in recommending Drain Clear to family and friends. They were very efficient and affordable. If you are looking for a reliable plumbing service give Dan and his team a call!”
Locally owned and operated in Mitchell, Dr Drains have built an impressive reputation for their specialisation in drains. Their highly-skilled and licensed technicians deliver comprehensive re-lining services utilising world renowned NuFlow systems.
NuFlow products are backed by a manufacturer warranty of up to 50 years providing peace of mind knowing your newly lined drains will go the distance. With over 30 years experience, Dr Drains also offer drain cleaning, CCTV drain inspections and other plumbing services.
J Hanley shared this glowing review of Dr Drains via Google, “Excellent service and fixed the problem without having to pull up my whole backyard as stated by another plumbing group, saved me over $12,000. I have been recommending them to everyone, will be the first place that I call if I ever have a problem again.”
Capital Pipe Relining provides the full range of pipe relining solutions, for residential and commercial properties. This includes repairing sewer, stormwater and pressure pipes without the need to excavate. Capital Pipe Relining uses the Brawoliner system, which uses air pressure to install a resin coated liner within existing pipework of any size and including junctions and pipework with multiple bends. Service is hassle free and quick.
Angela Reddy wrote on Google, “Best plumbing services I have experienced for years.”
If you’re looking for more information on drain relining services in Canberra, you might like our article on the best plumbers, the best emergency plumbers, the best commercial plumbers, the best blocked drain specialists, the best toilet repair specialists, the best hot water systems repairs, and the best gas fitters Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with drain relining services in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the drain relining services listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.