A Dickson resident may have saved the lives of two sleeping neighbours after ACT Fire & Rescue responded to their call to triple zero this afternoon.
Firefighters forcibly entered a unit in Karuah Street, Dickson shortly after the neighbour called Emergency Triple Zero (000) at 1.08pm.
Fire crews discovered food alight on the stove and quickly extinguished it.
A search of the property found a man and woman asleep in an upstairs bedroom.
The ACT Ambulance Service has transported the pair to Calvary Hospital for further assessment of non-fire related medical condition.