ACT Fire & Rescue are currently on scene at the Erindale Centre, Denigan Street, Wanniassa following a fire in a light fitting.
A damaged light fitting in the Zambrero Restaurant released some smoke through the air conditioning unit and roof space of the centre.
ACT Fire & Rescue has evacuated the Erindale centre as crews conduct air monitoring and ventilation operations.
Three fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van and the specialist Hazardous Materials Unit attended.
ACT Ambulance Service also on scene supporting operations with no injuries reported.
Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 1.38pm.
Estimated damage $20,000 to restaurant.
Crews will depart the scene shortly and will allow customers to return to area.
2:51pm Wednesday 15 August 2012