Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

We'll switch your business
to Led lighting for Free*

Fire in Lyons

By johnboy - 21 September 2011 0

ACT Fire Brigade have extinguished a small stove top fire in a unit at Strathgordon Court, Melrose Drive, Lyons.

No evacuations required.

Crews were notified by an Emergency Triple Zero (000) call at 12.13pm by a neighbour who heard a ringing smoke alarm.

No damage to the unit.

ACT Fire Brigade forced entry into the unit, removed and treated the sole female occupant before ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics continued treatment for smoke inhalation and then transported the patient to the Canberra Hospital in a stable condition.

ACT Fire Brigade would like to remind the community to don’t stop looking while you’re cooking.

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site