The fourth person arrested over the doorstop shooting of Glenn Walewicz is also the second to be charged with murdering him.
The 24-year-old did not apply for bail when he appeared briefly in the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday (11 June).
Magistrate Beth Campbell charged him with murdering Mr Walewicz between 10 and 11 June 2021.
He was also charged with attempting to burglarise the 48-year-old’s home on Mansfield Place, Phillip, while in company with the 18-year-old already charged with killing him and a third, unnamed person.
ACT Policing said the 24-year-old, who is from Baradine in northern NSW, had been arrested with the help of NSW Police on Thursday (9 June) and he was successfully extradited to the Territory.
His lawyer, Stefan Russell-Uren, told the court there would be no application for bail and Magistrate Campbell remanded him in custody to 11 July. No pleas were entered.
Region Media was unable to confirm the 24-year-old’s name on Saturday.
Mr Walewicz was shot on the doorstep of his Mansfield Place townhouse on 10 June 2021, shortly after one or more people knocked on his door.
Four people have been arrested over his death in the past week, starting with 19-year-old Dunlop man Reatile Ncube who was charged with being an accessory (after the fact) to murder.
An 18-year-old teen was charged with murder, but is legally unable to be named because he was 17 at the time of the shooting.
Also, 38-year-old Nicole Williams from Holt was charged with assisting the 18-year-old and others to avoid arrest as well as conspiracy to commit an aggravated burglary.
None have entered pleas. All have been remanded in custody.