I’ve received a PhD scholarship offer from two Queensland universities, the partner is lined up for a job transfer and we’ve purchased a shiny house in the the Logan Shire (30 minutes between Bris and the Gold Coast).
Having lived in Canberra all our lives, I fear we may get eaten alive. Any tips for surviving Brisbane (and the Gold Coast) for two born and bred Canberrans?
Advice would be appreciated on:
– Pubs/Clubs (Heavy metal clubs and queer/ queer friendly clubs particularly)
– Shopping for allergy safe food
– Handling the public transport system
– Any odd Queensland laws and road rules
-Anything to do with University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology
– General tips on moving house/interstate
And, of course, anything at all you can think of that may be of use.