ACT Health released their Chronic Conditions Strategy for 2013 until 2018 yesterday.
The increasing prevalence of chronic conditionsis one of the biggest burdens facing the Australian
health system and has significant ramifications for the Australian economy and the lives of those living
with one or more chronic conditions.
The whole report is available here if you’d care to read it.
Of particular interest are the projects commitments:
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
In the ACT we are all working together to ensure our health system is patient and carer centred, evidence informed, and that any person living with a chronic condition:
1. Receives appropriate screening and early detection.
2. Receives the right care, in the right place, at the right time from the right team.
3. Has a plan which supports active participation in their care.
4. Is aware of relevant support options and how to access them.
5. Is provided with the information and support to stay healthy and/or minimise
the risk of other conditions.
6. Does not have to repeat their story unnecessarily.