1. A man’s body has been found near Mount Taylor:
- ACT Policing is investigating the death of a male whose body was located in bushland yesterday afternoon (October 13).
The man was discovered around 2.20pm between Athllon Drive and Sulwood Drive by a member of the public.
An autopsy will be conducted on Thursday in an attempt to identify the man and the cause of death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen any activity in the Mount Taylor Nature Reserve area
2. There’s a Phillip flasher on the loose!
- ACT Policing is seeking public assistance in the search for a man who indecently exposed himself in Phillip yesterday (Sunday, October 12).
About 4.30pm, a man approached a group of 13-year-old girls at the bus stop on Yamba Drive, Phillip and exposed himself.
Police conducted a search of the area but were unable to locate the male.
The offender is described as approximately six feet (183cm) tall, of chubby build with balding light brown/blond coloured hair, and aged in his mid thirties. He was wearing a greyish green coloured jumper with a three quarter zipper and a large front pocket. He was also wearing baggy, light blue coloured jeans.
- ACT Policing’s Collision Investigation and Reconstruction team is investigating a collision on Lake Burley Griffin yesterday (Saturday, October 11).
About 4.30pm, a female swimmer was struck by a police vessel at low speed. She was lifted in to the vessel and transported to the Water Operations base where she was treated by ACT Ambulance officers and conveyed to Canberra Hospital with minor injuries.
4. Vandals loose in Griffith:
- ACT Policing is investigating several incidents of property damage in Griffith yesterday (Sunday, October 12).
Police received numerous complaints of damage consisting of smashed windows and minor scratches to the paintwork of approximately 10 vehicles in the area.
5. A Kingston supermarket got knocked over on the weekend:
- ACT Policing is investigating an aggravated robbery at a supermarket in Barker Street, Kingston yesterday (Saturday, October 11).
About 4pm, a male offender entered the shop and threatened a staff member with a knife. He then removed an amount of cash before fleeing the area towards Throsby Court, Griffith.
The offender is described as wearing a shirt over his head, dark sunglasses and gloves.
If you can help police contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.