The best part of almost every event is the food. With that in mind, if you have an upcoming event, you’ll need to seek out a fantastic catering company that services the Canberra region.
To make things a little easier, we’ve done our research and put together this list of the top five caterers in the area. These companies know food, and can make your event one to remember.
If you have worked with any of the caterers listed below – or any other catering company in Canberra – do let us know. Share your story in the comments section.
What Makes a Fantastic Catering Company?
Believe it or not, the catering company you work with has the ability to make or break your function. With so much riding on your decision, you want to be 100 percent sure you’ve picked a top-quality caterer.
So, how can you separate the average from the fantastic? We suggest looking for catering companies with the following characteristics:
- Incredibly delicious food. At the end of the day, it’s the taste that counts. The best catering companies in Canberra put together incredible spreads of out-of-this-world food. You want all your guests to go back for seconds.
- Experienced. A catering company with little experience can turn your event into a total disaster. It takes years on on-the-job practice to nail timing, etiquette, and other key catering skills.
- Polite. If you’d like your caterers to serve food to your guests, you want waiters that are polite and respectful. You want to provide the best possible experience for your guests.
- Well equipped. The best caterers have all the necessary equipment to whip up delicious nibbles and meals. They aren’t struggling to get by with outdated tools, and make the most of new technologies to provide quality food fast.
- Good with time management. Top notch catering depends on time management. If the caterers you’ve hired run behind schedule, it could put your whole event out of whack.
Do you agree with these characteristics? What other skills would you add?
The Top 5 Canberra Catering Companies According To You
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Husband a wife team Anthony and Courtney run their commercial kitchen from Fyshwick and service the entire ACT area. High quality season produce is always on hand and their you-beaut refrigerated van makes sure the food arrives fresh! Google reviewer Rosalie commented: ‘A very well run and organised catering business. Great food and a fantastic team. Would highly recommend them!’
Head chef Kuldeep and his team provide a highly professional, top end catering service with catering options available from the boardroom to a cocktail party. Staff and equipment hire is also available and just in case your event gets too hot they even have cool room hire! Website testimonial from Marilyn and Ian: ‘Many many thanks for the awesome canapes your company delivered. I can’t thank you enough-they were absolutely top quality and delicious and my guests were very impressed.’
Lachlan and the team at Swirl Catering have been impressing their clients for more than 10 years. Ask for a quote and Lachlan will get back to you promptly with a suitable price for your function. There are more than 12 menus to choose from, specially designed for corporate events, parties or wakes. Facebook reviewer Rachael says: ‘OMG morning tea was delicious. Thank you so much. Everyone enjoyed your food it was scrumptious!’
With a function venue working alongside the catering company. High quality food a reasonable price and multiple awards makes John and Grant’s services among the best in the ACT. Their coffee is amazing and they pride themselves on a quick turnaround time in both the venue and responding to enquiries. Full catering menu available online and you can check out their blackboard specials while you are there. Google reviewer Paul says: ‘The best coffee in Canberra. friendly staff, really good value for money.’
Located in the Yarralumla Shops, this family owned business can tailor their menu to give a personalised touch or accommodate dietary requirements. From office functions, private parties or weddings Sitting Ducks delivers contemporary food made from fresh seasonal produce. Michaela and Herman keep it simple but classic as reviewed by Lisa P via Easy Weddings: ‘Amazing food and perfect service.’
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra catering companies.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based catering companies? Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?