1. A 16 year old plotting a jewelry heist. Ambitious!
- ACT Policing has arrested a 16-year-old Curtin male after an aggravated robbery at a jeweller’s in Griffith around 1pm yesterday (October 25).
Police will allege he attempted to run from the shop with a ring. The shop’s security prevented the alleged male offender from leaving. It is alleged he then tried to kick the door out and produced a knife. Staff then released him from the shop.
The ring is valued at almost $2,500.
Information obtained by police led them to a residence in Hughes at which they apprehended two males and a female leaving the address.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
The 16-year-old alleged male offender will appear before the ACT Children’s Court tomorrow morning (October 27) charged with aggravated robbery. The other alleged male offender aged 19 from Macquarie will appear before the ACT Magistrates Court charged with a breach of bail and a breach of a protection order. The female was released without charge.
- ACT Policing is investigating the death of a woman whose body was located in the driver’s seat of a car in Stirling this morning (October 25).
The woman was discovered just before 6am on Streeton Drive between the intersections of Fremantle Drive and Darwinia Terrace by a member of the public.
An autopsy will be conducted tomorrow (Sunday, October 26) in an attempt to identify the woman and the cause of death.
3. What do you do after allegedly knocking over a boozer? Get pissed nearby!
- ACT Policing has arrested two juvenile males after an aggravated burglary at the IGA Supermarket, Hughes yesterday (October 26).
About 3am yesterday, police attended the supermarket and found that unknown offenders had gained access by smashing in the front door. Alcohol was stolen from the shop.
Police conducted foot patrols of the surrounding area locating a group of youths at the nearby Hughes ovals. A 15-year-old male alleged offender and a 16-year-old male alleged offender were arrested and charged in relation to the burglary.
Both alleged offenders will appear before the ACT Children’s Court today (October 27) charged with aggravated burglary, minor theft and property damage.
- ACT Policing is seeking to identify a motorist who was flagged down by a man on Captains Flat Road, NSW about 1.25pm on Friday, October 24.
The man has told police he was walking to his vehicle in the Australian National University, Acton on Friday when he was forced into his car by two men who drove it out to Captains Flat Road, near Queanbeyan. The male reported that he was restrained in the car and a sum of cash was taken.
The man told police that after the men had left the scene in a second car, he exited his vehicle and stopped a male driver in a white-coloured utility on Captains Flat Road and asked where he was. Police would urge the driver of that car to contact Crime Stoppers
- ACT Policing is seeking public assistance in the search for a man who indecently exposed himself at Hawker on Saturday (October 25).
About 1pm, two females, a 21-year-old and a 17-year-old were walking near the Hawker shops when they noticed a suspicious male. The male exposed himself to them before running off.
The offender is described as approximately 175cm (5’9″) tall, of slim build, and spoke with a deep voice. He was aged approximately 30-35 years old with shaved light coloured hair and was wearing a blue singlet top.
If you can help police contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.