ACT Policing has arrested and charged a second man in as many days over a string of violent crimes dating back almost a decade.
The 29-year-old man will face the ACT Magistrates Court on Friday (17 August) on six charges including aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary for offences dating back as far as 2010.
Earlier this month, officers from Operation Athabasca linked 14 aggravated robberies and burglaries that took place between 2009 and 2018 at licensed clubs and fast food restaurants across the ACT and police believe the man was involved in two of the historic aggravated offences.
He is the second person arrested as a result of the Operation Athabasca after a 25-year-old man was summoned to court on 22 charges including attempted murder, forcible confinement and aggravated robbery.
On Friday morning, Detective Station Sergeant Harry Hains said while this is a good result, it is only the beginning.
“The operation remains ongoing and ACT Policing’s Crime Disruption Team are investigating a number of leads,” Detective Hains said.
Operation Athabasca is ongoing, and Police urge anyone who may have any information that could assist police to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website.
Please quote reference 6283658. Information can be provided anonymously.