Are you a medium or large sized business owner? Chances are, you will at some point need the services of an experienced and independent auditor.
Auditing is a specialised field of work that requires a thorough and precise examination and evaluation of your business’s financial records. Beyond reporting, conducting audits has a number of benefits. These include added credibility and valuable insights into your business’s or organisation’s financial situation.
If you’re looking for a quality auditor servicing the Canberra region, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share our top three picks. But first, let’s take a look at what makes an excellent auditor.
What makes a reliable auditor?
Financial auditing is highly specialised and requires a great deal of expertise. We suggest keeping an eye out for the following traits:
- Experience. The best in the auditing business have years of experience. They’ve seen it all before and know exactly how to deliver comprehensive financial audits.
- A great track record. Opt for an auditing company with a great reputation. Look at their track record and determine whether or not that’s the kind of company you’d like to work with.
- Independence. Auditors should be truly independent. That way, you know you are getting a thorough and fair assessment.
- Prompt. You’ll probably need your audit complete within a specific timeframe. Work with an auditor that can commit to your schedule.
- An eye for detail. When it comes to auditing, it’s all in the details. The leading financial auditors pick up on every little mistake and discrepancy.
The top auditors according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Now, it’s time to introduce the top auditors servicing the Canberra region. Let’s go.
Reliable information is the basic prerequisite for confidence in the value of an organisation; for the investor and the public as well as for the organisation itself.
RSM’s Audit and Assurance team do more than deliver technically excellent audits: they draw on their in-depth knowledge of their clients’ business to make constructive contributions for improvement.
For all your internal and external audit, financial statement, due diligence and financial management advice, look no further than RSM. The world’s sixth largest audit, tax and consulting network.
Deakin ACT 2600
The Audit and Assurance team at Nexia are proud to offer key insights and business improvements in addition to their thorough obligation and compliance services. They take the time to understand your business – your staff, your operations, and your goals – so they can develop a refined audit plan that meets your unique needs.
Bentleys is a global network of accounting and advisory firms that offer industry-leading auditing services. With more than 700 dedicated staff in more than 18 locations across Australia, China, and New Zealand, they deliver future-proof strategies, practical support, and expert advice – whatever your business needs.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you used an auditor to audit your business in the Canberra region? Share your experience in the comments below.