Woden Alive is set to invigorate the Woden Valley region with an exciting program of events and activities starting this Sunday the 30th of October.
Woden Alive is a week long celebration featuring an eclectic and diverse program which has attracted well known national celebrities alongside grassroots community organisations. Feature events for Woden Alive include;
- George Calombaris from MasterChef hosting master class at the Hellenic Club (Sun Oct 30)
- ‘Australian can dance’ finalist Timomatic performing Live at the Hellenic Club (Fri Nov 4)
- Homemade Jam – 10 Singer Songwriters battle it out at ‘A Bite to Eat’ for prizemoney and a spot on the Woden Valley Festival mainstage (Wed Nov 2)
- The internationally recognised Australian Rugby Choir performing at ‘Sounds of Woden’ at Woden Tradies (Nov 4)
- A 16 hour fitness and health extravaganza at the Southern Cross Health Club (Mon Oct 31)
- Global Kitchen – A multicultural cookup at Lyons Primary School (Sun Oct 30)
- Woden Valley Festival in Eddison Park including the 2011 LIftoff Festival (Sat Nov 5)
There has been a great response to Woden Alive and the variety of events on display is fantastic given this is only Woden Alive’s first year. The majority of the events have been inspired by the Woden Alive concept.
If you are living around the Woden Valley and the wider Canberra region – this is a great chance to come ‘south of the lake’ and experience life in the Woden Valley.
Community events during Woden Alive include the Canberra Collage interschool Festival, an Interfaith seminar, a variety of health and wellbeing workshops, film showings, Warehouse Circus yearly spectacular, a songwriting competition, photographic displays, and even a venetian mask making workshop where participants will make and design masks that will be displayed at the Woden Valley Festival on Saturday November 5!
For more information on Woden Alive including a full program of events during Woden Alive – please see www.wodenalive.org.au