Whether you are embarking on a new build or restoring via renovation, chances are that you have a few things in common.
One of these is likely to be ventilation – ensuring ample airflow by letting the fresh air in. Another is likely to be pest prevention – ensuring doors and windows can be opened while keeping critters out. And the third is likely to be security – the protection of occupants, their possessions, and the property itself.
This holy trinity of needs led to the development of Crimsafe’s market-leading, woven stainless-steel mesh. Unlike obtrusive security bars or grilles of times gone by, the Crimsafe system is not only incredibly strong, it looks good too.
In the 25 years or so since its inception, Crimsafe has evolved into an established market leader. With many attractive features, these security screens offer a long list of benefits to consumers.
Yes, like all security products they are generally only as good as the calibre of their installation. So, if you are looking for a local Crimsafe installer in Canberra, you have come to the right place. We have hunted high and low to present our pick of the best the region has to offer.
What makes a great Crimsafe security installer?
Great Crimsafe security installers are meticulous masters of personal safety, supplying and fitting top-end mesh-screen solutions. To help assess the credentials of your local installer, remember to keep a few things in mind:
- Licensed. A current and appropriately awarded licence is so important in the world of security. The security industry is heavily regulated across most Australian states and territories. This regulation stipulates that licensing is required in order to sell and install security equipment, including doors and screens. Here in the ACT, Access Canberra issues both Master and Employee-level licences that pertain to security screen businesses and their installers. Before progressing with any candidates, be sure to cite and verify their licensing status.
- Accredited. Before proceeding with any installer, ensure it is a Crimsafe-authorised supplier. Moreover, the best security screen businesses will also belong to at least one professional or industry body. Membership generally indicates adherence to strict ethical and business practices. Therefore, keep an eye out for accreditation with the Australian Security Industry Association or the National Security Screen Association.
- Made-to-measure. The best Crimsafe security installers are all about made-to-measure services. Why? Because a few millimetres can make all the difference when it comes to properly fitted security screens. These custom solutions are tailor made to suit each individual window, door, or space. Be it frame thickness, colour, number of panels or overall size, each detail matters. Additionally, these custom solutions utilise options that not only suit the character of a property, they enhance it.
- Impeccable installation. In most instances the performance of a security product is heavily dictated by the quality of its installation. Ill-fitted components or finished projects that fall short of the Australian standard for installation (AS5040) compromise product integrity. The best Crimsafe installers are adept at installing all manner of security products in a variety of scenarios. All items meet relevant Australian standards, namely AS5039-2008 and the AS5040 for installation.
- After-care and warranties. As part of their commitment to industry-leading products and services, the best Crimsafe installers offer comprehensive after-sales care. Be it minor adjustments, servicing, maintenance or simply to pop by and address any questions, they have it covered. Furthermore, they are open and upfront with any warranties, provide these in writing, and happily assist if a claim is needed.
The best Crimsafe security installers in Canberra
Riotact’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Riotact and Facebook as well as maintained a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
With a legacy that spans over a quarter of a century, Canberra icon, Monaro Screens, have built an enviable reputation within the regional community. From humble beginnings, power couple Dave and Deirdre Byatt have nurtured this local gem into one of Canberra’s leading screen providers.
Monaro Screens specialised services focus on the design, manufacture, and installation of made-to-measure screen products. Their services encompass both internal and external needs, with functional product solutions to suit every home and style.
Be it shower screens, mirrors, splash back, wardrobe doors or retractable screens they have your needs covered. When it comes to security, Monaro Screens are also one of a handful of authorised and licensed Crimsafe suppliers.
The team offer an array of made-to-measure Crimsafe options suited for all purposes and environments. From doors, windows, and emergency exits; through to patio, garage, and outdoor enclosures they have a Crimsafe solution to suit your space. Moreover, those with specialist requirements will happily note that bushfire, cyclone, and commercial applications are also readily available.
What really sets Monaro Screens apart is their steadfast focus on quality client outcomes. From providing a flexible range of Crimsafe products and styles, to prioritising materials, and adhering to Australian and New Zealand standards, this ethos holds true across all aspects of their business.
Centrally located in Fyshwick, the hub of Canberra’s industrial heart, stands Monaro Screen’s fit for purpose showroom and manufacturing facility. Open Monday to Saturday it is the perfect way to explore their extensive range of Crimsafe security solutions. For tastefully designed, functional, and seamlessly operating Crimsafe screens that stand the test of time look no further than Monaro Screens.
As Sue White happily shared on Google, “From the staff in the showroom to the man who came to measure and quote and the installer - could not have dealt with more professional and friendly staff. We would happily recommend Monaro Screens to anyone needing their advice and products”
Sentinel Security & Technology Group
Sentinel Security & Technology Group (SSTG) specialises in layered security solutions for residential, commercial and government properties, providing complete coverage for any size location. Security services include Crimsafe, electronic alarm systems, CCTV, smart locking, and solid timber doors.
SSTG is an authorised installer of Crimsafe products, including Crimsafe’s stylish safety and security doors, Crimsafe Ultimate, Crimsafe iQ, Crimsafe windows, and Crimsafe pool and patio enclosures. These products go above and beyond to set the highest standard for security screens in Australia.
At SSTG, the highly experienced team of specialised security support experts provides free consultations and advice, as well as personalised service. Fully experienced and licenced security professionals ensure optimum solutions, on time and on budget. SSTG is ISO9001:2015 certified.
Messa Meetra wrote on Google, “I ordered a Crimsafe door from Sentinel recently. They were quick to measure and quote. The door arrived when they said it would and was promptly and professionally installed …”
Watson Blinds & Awnings
With over fifty years in business, Watson Blinds & Awnings are well known across the Canberra region. As specialised window furnishers, they service residential and commercial markets in the design, supply and installation of blinds, curtains, shutters, awnings, and Crimsafe security products.
Offering the full range of Crimsafe products their tailor-made, flexible options suit all manner of door, window, and outdoor spaces. For stylish Crimsafe security screens for every home, the team at Watson Blinds & Awnings are worth a visit.
Duncan McConchie had this to say on Google, “I've had Watson come and install Crimsafe on all my windows, their team has always been excellent with responding to my questions and scheduling visits. 10/10 great products and a very happy customer!”
For other security needs, our article on the best security doors and screens, the best locksmiths, and the best security and alarm monitoring companies may be of interest. To integrate your entire system, check out our pick of the region’s best home automation system installers.
Your experience with Crimsafe security installers in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the Crimsafe security installers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of Crimsafe security products?
Most security screen products offer a raft of benefits to consumers. From increased security, better airflow, improved energy efficiency and protection from the elements, there are many good reasons to invest. What sets Crimsafe apart, however, is the quality of its product offerings, denoting them as the strongest security screens on the Australian market.
What type of Crimsafe product is best for me?
Crimsafe offers an assortment of security products designed to suit many applications. Common products include security doors and windows; outdoor enclosures for patios, garages or storage areas; and even specialty items for bushfire or cyclone protection. Moreover, a given product may sit within one of four ranges, each with varying features and benefits. To determine the best product for your needs, contact your local Crimsafe installer.
What is the lifespan of a Crimsafe security product?
Crimsafe products are among the most esteemed in their category, and for good reason. While the manufacturer offers product warranties of 10, 12 or 15 years, many Crimsafe products far outlive this timeframe. To extend the lifespan of your Crimsafe screens, always follow the manufacturer's care guidelines, and if in doubt, contact your local installer.
How should I care for my Crimsafe screen?
Like all external property fixtures and fittings, Crimsafe products require regular cleaning to maintain optimum performance and maximise their lifespan. Naturally, your geographic location and climatic conditions will influence the frequency and extent of care. Crimsafe provides a recommended cleaning schedule that includes the removal of trapped debris with a microfibre cloth, a quick rinse followed by a wash-and-wax application, and a hand dry with a microfibre cloth. Details on product care, along with their care range, can be found at https://crimsafe.com.au/care/.
Is Crimsafe suitable for use in a commercial or heavy-duty setting?
In short, yes. Crimsafe has developed a commercial-grade product specifically designed for heavy-duty settings and applications requiring additional security. This range is currently used in many commercial scenarios, including hospitals, prisons, banks, schools, railway stations and retail outlets.