If you live in Belconnen and have a residential or commercial plumbing problem you need fixed quick sharp, you’ll know the importance of hiring a professional who operates in the area.
A qualified, experienced friendly plumber will ensure your waterworks are performing as they should be.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing one of the ACT’s best plumbers, and share where to find the best in Belconnen.
What makes a great plumber?
Good plumbers have the skills and experience to handle any plumbing need. Getting plumbing installed or repaired on the first go can save you time and money. It also assures you that the problem is truly fixed.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a plumber in Belconnen.
- Reliable and respectful. A professional plumber should arrive on time and be ready to work. The best treat your home like its their own. This means being careful with your property and belongings, keeping disruption to a minimum and tidying up when finished.
- Effective communication. You shouldn’t need a plumbing qualification to understand what your plumber is talking about. A great plumber will explain what the problem is and outline how it will be fixed, in language you can understand, so there are no surprises.
- Transparent pricing. Your plumber should be upfront with you about how much things will cost. Quotes and invoices should be detailed and transparent, with no unexpected fees or charges unless they’re discussed with you in advance.
- Quality parts and products. While using cheaper parts can save money in the short term, they generally don’t last as long and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later. For longevity and real value-for-money, look for a plumber who uses the best parts or products.
- Appropriate licences and insurances. In the ACT, all plumbers must be licensed and meet eligibility requirements, such as having completed a relevant qualification. Double check that the plumber you choose from Belconnen is licensed and has current public and products liability insurance to protect you if work doesn’t go to plan.
Important essentials to check before engaging a plumber
Master Plumbers ACT recommends you conduct these checks before engaging a plumber. They’re easy and only take five minutes. They’ll ensure you don’t engage a dodgy plumber.
- Check that the plumber has a registered business by checking they’re registered through the Australian Business Registration website.
- Check that the plumber is registered on the Access Canberra List of Licensed Plumbers. If you can’t find their name, they’re probably not licensed.
- Check the plumber’s website and advertising. Make sure their ABN and license number are posted and check if they have Public Liability Insurance. Also check if they hold a membership in a reputable industry association such as Master Plumbers ACT. If they don’t have a website or don’t have this information on their site, it’s likely best to move on.
- Ask the plumber you choose to bring proof of their Public Liability Insurance when they arrive on site.
The best plumbers in Belconnen
Riotact’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on Riotact and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
With an impeccable track record that spans over half a decade, Blueline Plumbing & Gas have a forged a local reputation of excellence across their residential plumbing and gas fitting service.
Offering installation, maintenance, repairs, and replacement of domestic plumbing, gas, and water systems in Belconnen and beyond, their expertise is incomparable.
As finalists in the Local Business and the Australian Small Business Champion Awards, this award-winning team have built a business centred on delivering exceptional service. From their approachable team through to the quality of their work their glowing client reviews are testament to this.
Blueline Plumbing & Gas are big believers in transparency, skipping short cuts and providing clients with clarity and solutions. They use only the best products, parts, and tools ensuring a level of quality that can be depended on. For added convenience Blueline Plumbing & Gas provide a two-hour service window and 30-minute notification period for clients, perfect for Belconnen residents.
Blueline Plumbing & Gas is fully licenced and accredited. Services are conducted with safety and regulation first, delivering results for clients first time around. For service with a smile and quality you can trust look no further than Blueline Plumbing & Gas.
Donald MacDonald shared this experience with the team on Google, “No one wants to use a plumber but when you do you want the service to be as professional as possible. I investigated several plumbing services and settled on Blueline based on customer reviews. I am glad I did…. I have been very impressed by my whole experience with Blueline Plumbing and wholeheartedly recommend them.”
Jet Blast Plumbing has been servicing Belconnen homes and businesses for over 10 years with extensive, reliable and professional plumbing experience.
Jet Blast Plumbing’s local Belconnen plumber is based in the area and responds to requests promptly and efficiently and arrives on time (if not earlier).
Services by Jet Blast’s experienced, licensed plumbers include blocked drains, hot water services, blocked toilets, leaking taps, leaking toilets, gas services, appliance installation, new homes and renovations and commercial plumbing. Jet Blast Plumbing doesn’t send apprentices to fix plumbing problems and are flexible enough to work around the needs of Belconnen residents.
Emergency services are available 24/7 and Jet Blast Plumbing’s Belconnen plumber can attend to local plumbing emergencies in a matter of minutes. Jet Blast Plumbing offers a $0 call out fee with no hidden costs (some conditions apply), as well as free quotes and upfront pricing. There are no hidden surprises with invoices.
Reshmi Barnbrook wrote on Google, “Jet Blast were prompt in attending our property for a blocked drain on a Saturday. Very efficient work and great pricing (compared to others). Highly recommend.”
ACT Licensed Plumber: 2018299.
Duncan’s Plumbers offer the full gamut of plumbing services to locals in the Belconnen region and beyond. Owned and operated by Jason Duncan, a passionate and fully qualified plumber, Duncan’s Plumbers offer top-of-the-line equipment and effective, cost-friendly services. Licensed in both the ACT and NSW, the passionate team behind Duncan’s always strive to exceed their customers’ expectations.
On Google, Donna Trucillo wrote, “Very happy with Duncan's Plumbing, who serviced and repaired my evaporative cooler. Their technicians were polite, friendly and courteous …”
With a stellar track record and years of on-the-job experience, the team behind Aurorafm can help with everything from small projects to new homes and renovations. They take the time to listen to you and work collaboratively to bring your visions to life. What’s more, they also provide an emergency plumbing service for unexpected issues and flat-rate pricing that gives you total peace of mind.
Brent Gillies wrote on Google, “Excellent job, they turned up straight away and sorted the blocked drain. Affordable and on time. Definitely recommend.”
If you’re looking for more specialised plumbing services, check out our other articles on the best emergency plumbers, the best blocked drain plumbers, the best commercial plumbers, the best toilet repair specialists, the best hot water systems repairers and the best gas fitters in Canberra.
Your experience with plumbers in Belconnen
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on plumbers in Belconnen. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the plumbers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do plumbers need to be licensed?
Absolutely. You’ll need a licensed plumber to legally complete all your plumbing work. In the ACT, all licensed plumbers are required to display their license number on all advertising. You can then check their number on Access Canberra's website: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/services/licence/#/plumber
Can I do my own plumbing work?
You’re only allowed to replace a tap washer without a license in the ACT. All other plumbing work requires a licensed plumber. If you choose to DIY and you’re caught, you will likely void your home insurance or end up facing a fine from Access Canberra. Why take the chance? Call a licensed plumber.
Can I use a handyman to do simple plumbing jobs around the house?
Not unless they're also a licensed plumber. If they aren't, it’s illegal to hire a handyman to do plumbing. There are laws to prevent unqualified or unlicensed individuals from doing plumbing, and using one might cause your insurance to be voided. Unlicensed people performing plumbing are also liable for large fines, so don’t risk it.
I live in Belconnen? Is it wise to use a Belconnen plumber?
It can help to use a Belconnen plumber, especially if you have a residential or commercial plumbing need that you want fixed urgently. If based in the area, chances are the plumber will be able to get to you more quickly. They'll also be familiar with the area, including where suppliers are located should they need anything to get the job done.
Is all plumbing work guaranteed?
Ask this question when you call to organise the plumber to head your way. Quality plumbers aim to work as cost effectively and efficiently as possible and guarantee their work. If the plumber you call won’t guarantee, try someone else.