Whether you’re selling, buying, or looking for a property to rent, a qualified, trusted real estate agent can help make the entire process as fast, easy, and pain-free as possible.
If you are selling, a real estate agent can assist with preparing your property for sale, engage in all necessary advertising activities, run open houses and tours, and eventually secure you the best possible price.
If you are buying, the best estate agents can help you discover a home that meets your specific needs, while falling under budget. Once you’ve found your dream property, they can offer support as you navigate the complex negotiation process.
Either way, a hard-working real estate agent is essential.
In this article, we’ll share with you our top three picks for real estate agents servicing the Canberra region. We believe these agents are some of the best in the business and are able to take the stress out of buying, selling, and moving house.
Let’s get right to it.
What makes a skilled and trusted real estate agent?
Not all real estate agents have your best interest at heart. And, even those that do don’t always have the skills and know-how necessary to secure the deal.
So, what exactly makes a great real estate agent stand out from the rest? Here are a few traits we believe all skilled and trusted agents in Canberra have.
Keep in mind, if you have something extra to add to this list, share it in the comments section below. We’d love to read your feedback.
- All relevant qualifications. This point should go without saying – the very best real estate agents have all relevant qualifications and licences. These guarantee that your estate agent has the fundamental knowledge and capacity to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Proactive. The best real estate agents in Canberra are proactive. What do we mean by this? They actively seek out properties that match your unique requirements. And, they always recommend your property to potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable. The greatest real estate agents know the tricks of the trade and understand the complex and ever-changing nature of negotiation. Whatever challenge you face, they can help you overcome it.
- Put you as priority number one. The best real estate agents work for you – their client. Yes, they may have multiple clients at one time, but you should be able to rest easy knowing you and your family are priority number one. The outcome should be beneficial to you, not the other party.
- Professional. Last but not least, the best real estate agents are friendly, yet always act professionally. That means showing up on time, well-dressed, and ready to work. After all, they are representing you and your property. Near enough simply isn’t good enough.
The Top Three Real Estate Agents in Canberra
Without further ado, here are our top picks for real estate agents in the Canberra region.
1. Peter Blackshaw Real Estate
Established in 1988 by Peter Blackshaw, Peter Blackshaw Real Estate has become one of the most trusted names in Australian real estate. As a pioneer and innovator of real estate marketing, Blackshaw set a high standard for fellow team members, and eventually other branches.
Today, the business is a multi-award-winning estate agency servicing many happy customers across the region. With a commitment to the community, a dedication to exceeding expectations, and unwavering integrity, buyers, sellers, and renters can feel confident with their futures in the hands of Peter Blackshaw Real Estate agents.
Since 1958, the team at Independent have been helping Canberra residents buy, sell, rent, and manage properties. Today, with hundreds of property experts on board, Independent offer some of the best real estate agent services in the business.
Independent’s secret to success is passion. Their team are incredibly passionate about what they do. They are always committed to achieving excellence and going above and beyond to deliver the best possible outcome.
With values of following through, keeping promises, and maintaining integrity, it’s no wonder Independent have taken home many coveted awards.
3. Laing + Simmons Commercial Property
Need commercial real estate services? Look no further than the experienced team at Laing + Simmons Commercial Property. Their agents can assist you and your business with sales, leasing, property management, and development planning.
Laing + Simmons understands that each and every project is different, and each requires a unique set of property traits. The team of commercial property agents can help you discover and secure your ideal property.
Your Experience with Real Estate Agents in the Canberra Region
Have you used any of the agents listed above? Maybe your go-to agent wasn’t mentioned. Share your experience with real estate agents in Canberra in the comments section below.