Need legal advice? Looking for a lawyer in Canberra that you can trust? You’ve come to the right place.
When it comes to navigating complex legal matters, working with a top-quality lawyer is imperative. Whether you need assistance with compensation, conveyancing, or criminal law, silly mistakes and poor advices can result in dire consequences.
You need a lawyer that understands the ins and outs of your situation, can help you make the most of any opportunities, and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome.
In the article, we’ll share with you the top three lawyers in the Canberra region. We believe these firms are fit to assist you with just about any legal issues you may have.
If you have had any experience with these three firms – or any other lawyers in the Canberra region – please leave it in the comments below. We welcome all real-life experience, whether positive or negative. Your feedback will help fellow Canberra residents decide on a reliable law firm.
Let’s get right into it.
What makes a great law firm?
When dealing with the law and working through legal proceedings, there is absolutely no room for error. Bad advice or the wrong decision from an ill-equipped lawyer can leave you in a pretty nasty situation.
So, what exactly should you look for in a great law firm? Here are a few of the traits we believe all the best firms in the Canberra region have.
- Experience. The more experience a lawyer has, the more likely they will help you achieve the best possible outcome. Inexperienced lawyers are more prone to making mistakes, especially since they are less familiar with laws and legal proceedings than their longer-practiced colleagues.
- Honesty. There’s no point working with a lawyer that will promise you the world, get your hopes up, and then under deliver. You want a lawyer that will be 100 percent honest with you about your situation, and the realistic outcomes you can achieve.
- Prompt. If it’s legal advice you’re looking for, you don’t want to be waiting weeks on end for your lawyer to get back to you. Keep in mind that lawyers often charge by the hour. The longer they take to get your affairs in order, the more you’ll end up paying.
- Specialist knowledge. If you need help with family law, for example, it can be a wise idea to get help from a lawyer that specialises in that field. Specialist lawyers know their legal area back to front, and may be able to provide advice that generalist lawyers cannot.
- Understanding. During some of the toughest times in our lives, we need legal help. Whether a close family member has passed away, or a marriage has fallen out, when you seek legal assistance, you want a lawyer that understands your struggles, and is sensitive to your emotions.
The top five Canberra law firms according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Baker Deane & Nutt has serviced the Canberra, Queanbeyan, and surrounding areas for over 150 years. Today, the highly qualified, highly regarded team specialise in conveyancing, personal injury, and family law.
BDN is one of the longest surviving legal firms in Australia thanks to their commitment to their clients, and their professional, skilled legal advice. The friendly team at BDN work to demystify complex legal situations, giving their valued clients the knowledge and understanding to make sound legal decisions.
For the last decade, the committed team at Kamy Saeedi Lawyers has built a strong and reliable reputation for being some of Canberra’s best legal advisors. Their proven track record vouches for this reputation.
With an extensive knowledge of the courts and legal systems, as well as an understanding of the many stresses, headaches, and anxieties that go along with fighting a legal battle, the team at Kamy Saeedi Lawyers is both hardworking and compassionate.
Recognising that there truly is no one-size-fits-all legal solution, the team of partners, solicitors, and support staff work closely with each and every client. No matter how big or how small, their goal is to help you overcome your plight, and achieve the best results possible.
With a dedication to the Canberra community, Kamy Saeedi Lawyers pride themselves on being accessible to all. They offer honest, upfront representation, high-quality legal advice, and a comprehensive emergency service. With specialist knowledge in both criminal law and commercial litigation, Kamy Saeedi Lawyers really are some of the best in the business.
When you need a law firm in Canberra you can count on, Bradley Allen Love (BAL) Lawyers is a fantastic option. Situated in the heart of Canberra, BAL Lawyers boasts an impressive reputation, and has a number of specialist areas, including business, real estate, government, environmental, employment, and commercial litigation.
The team at BAL Lawyers is qualified, dynamic, and experienced. Whatever issues you are facing, the chances are they have seen them all before. Dedicated to keeping up-to-date with changes to Australia’s legal system, BAL Lawyers can help you achieve the best possible outcome.
For BAL Lawyers, the client always comes first. Their team values integrity, honesty, and hard work. With a number of team members at a variety of experience levels, you will find a legal advisor with the appropriate skills and expertise, all for an affordable price.
Finally, the staff at BAL Lawyers prides themselves on going above and beyond the traditional role of the lawyer or legal advisor. Many become an extension of their clients’ businesses, always working to ensure all legal requirements are met.
Canberra City ACT 2601
Servicing both organisations and individuals, Meyer Vandenberg is a dynamic firm based in Canberra. With core values of trust, integrity, respect, and passion, you can rest easy knowing you are getting some of the best professional legal advice in the region.
The team at Meyer Vandenberg are best known for the specialist work in conveyancing and property law. They assist clients locally, nationally, and internationally with both straightforward and complex property related legal matters.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra law firms.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Please comment below detailing your experience with Canberra based Law Firms. Who would you recommend? Who would you use again? Who would you steer clear of?